How it works?
Presarve has emerged as a tool to improve the Perro de Presa Canario through knowledge, and not restriction. To do this, all pedigrees are 100% digital, interactive and visual. Each pedigree shows photos of the specimen, videos, identification data, measurements, certifications and genealogies up to the origins.
Our job is to investigate the existing lines and try to provide as much information as possible, so that breeders can make better decisions, and customers are aware of what they are getting.
We think that with this operation, we will finally be able to put an end to the corruption that has existed within traditional clubs, with the slowness and misinformation of physical pedigrees, and we will be able to reach the homogenization of the breed.
Our main objective in this year 2022, is to make a database with as many Presas Canarios as possible, to know where the breed is currently. Thanks to these data we will be able to design the necessary tools and procedures to convert the Perro de Presa Canario into one of the most complete and healthy breeds in the world.
If you are the owner of a Presa Canario with a pedigree, you can register it in Presarve. To do this, you must create a totally free Presarve user account at this link. Once you do, you will have access to an owner desk. There you will find the “Register” section. You must first fill out a registration form called “Single Register” providing a previous pedigree from a relevant club (UKC, AKC, FCI, FCE, etc.), and attach photos of the dog. Once completed and submitted, you will be redirected to a payment gateway where you can pay the $100. Once done, you will be able to locate your receipt in the “Receipts” tab.
If you are a breeder and want to register your dogs and litters, you must first register at this link to have a user account. Once done you will have access to the user’s desktop (icon of a house). There you will see the option to purchase a breeder account. You must fill out a form, and then go through a payment gateway in which you will pay $150 per year. Once the whole process is complete, your desktop will change, showing you new options. From the “Register” section you can register your litters and dogs.
Price of services.
- Dog owners:
- Initial registrations: $100/dog
- Annual Membership: $150/year
- Initial registrations: $50/dog’
- Litter Records: $20/litter
- Permanent records: $40/dog
Registered dogs must meet certain requirements to be accepted into Presarve.
- Previous Pedigree: Registered dogs must have a pedigree from a relevant previous club.
- Photo of the specimen: a recent photo of the specimen must always be attached. In the event that it was a puppy, too, since more may be added in the future.
- Compliance with the standard: in the year 2022, the registration criteria will be more tolerant than in the future. Dogs that will be discarded for registration are those with a noticeably non-standard coat, an atypical head (something that has never existed in the breed), or a noticeably misshapen body. As the years go by, the dogs will be required to be more and more correct from the point of view of the standard.
- Anonymous form: it is a form in which third parties who are members of Presarve, can report to the management and providing verifiable evidence, that the origin of a dog is not true, or that there is any type of intentional scam, such as register a dog with a false photo, or some false certification.
Relationship with other clubs.
For the moment Presarve will be working alone and will not negotiate with other clubs so that his pedigrees are accepted. The purpose of Presarve is to end the corruption that has always existed and that has damaged the Perro de Presa Canario so much. Most of the clubs have been responsible for this happening, so if some kind of alliance is established in the future, they should be looked at with a magnifying glass. The goal is that all dogs that exist are registered in Presarve, regardless of whether they also have pedigrees from other clubs.